Curious about what fellow printers charge for 4/0 and 4/4 brokered business cards? You’ve come to the right place. Brokered Business Cards as well as regular business cards are just two of more than 90+ products and services featured in the 2021-2022 Digital Color Pricing Study published by the National Printing Research Council (NPRC)
Other products included in this just released pricing study include carbonless forms, rack cards, postcards, flyers, catalog sheets as well as newsletters and stationery. Click here to download and view the complete table of contents from this popular study.
Retail Price (PDF)… $225
Retail Price (Hard Copy)… $245
Remember, all NPRC publicationsare sold on a 100% money-back guarantee basis if you are not totally satisfied that it is everything we promised!
* Most orders are processed almost immediately. HOWEVER, orders placed on Friday’s, or prior to holidays will likely be delayed and not processed or shipped until the following Monday. IMPORTANT: If you place an order with NPRC you should typically receive it within two hours or less. Be sure and check your spam and trash folders and make sure that our domain [email protected] is “whitelisted”
The just-released 100+ page2018 Digital Color Pricing Study contains literally thousands of average and median prices for dozens of digital products produced in the typical printing firm. This is what one of the survey participants shared with us in the past couple of days:
“Hello John, I just had to let you know how impressed I was with the Digital Pricing Study you just released. While I only spent 30 minutes going over the study, my initial impression is that the quality of this study is as good if not better than previous studies. Thanks for the hard work you and NPRC put into these studies, The printing industry is better off because of studies such as this.” Armand Girard, Curry Printing & Marketing, Auburn, ME
Orders placed between now and Jan. 14, 2018 will be processed and shipped beginning January 15th. To order your copy, visit the NPRC Bookstore.
What About Participant Copies? Participants received two emails and a link for downloading their FREE copy of this new study on Dec. 20th and again on Dec. 21st. The subject line of that email was: “URGENT – Here’s your 2018 Digital Color Pricing Study! Please check your spam and deleted folders. Please do not ask us to send a replacement copy.
Below are some random findings and pricing data from this latest study:
• Average SPE – The average sales per employee of the 214 firms participating in this year’s 2017-2018 Digital Printing Color Pricing Survey was $133,538. The median is close behind at $128,333. Approximately 25% of all participants reports SPEs between $160,000 and $190,146.
• Digital Jobs Finished On-line? Only 22% (average) of all digital jobs are finished on line. Most are processed on digital printers but are finished off line.
• File Handling & Graphic Charges? The average file handling fee reported by participants was $14.47. For Complex jobs that file handling fee jumps to almost $35. The average hourly graphics charge is now almost $74. For complex jobs the hourly fees jumps to $90.
• Variable Data? Approximately 85% of jobs processed on digital printers involve “static” data, with the rest involving some variable data.
• Flat Sheet Pricing – The average price to print a 4/0, 11 x 17” sheet (full bleed) on 100# coated text is $532, or $0.53 per sheet. The median price is slightly lower at $490, or $0.49 each. Prices are provided for quantities of 100, 500, 1,000 and 2,500. Pricing is also provided for 4/4 and for 100# coated cover.
• Carbonless Forms– The average price being charged for 500 2-part carbonless forms produced on a color digital printer is $317. If numbered, this prices increases by approximately $40.
• Source of jobs? – Approximately 63% of all jobs processed in the typical printing firm subject to this survey were provided by customers. The remainder were produced by a graphic’s department. These figures are quite similar to those provided in thr 2016-2017 study.
• Discounts Offered? – Jobs falling in the $1,000 range, if warranted, are likely to be discounted 11-18% depending upon type or class of customer.
• Most Finishing Accomplished Off-line -When it comes to finishing newsletters produced on digital devices, approximately 40% of printers would do all finishing off-line – collating, folding, stitching, etc. Approximately 15% of printers would collate a 16-page or 32-page newsletter on-line but complete the remainder of the finishing off-line.
• Business Cards – Despite the significant number of options for printing business cards, we were somewhat surprised that almost 75% of all business cards sold by our participants were produced in-house, either via offset printing or a color digital device.
• Business Card Pricing – The average price for 500 4/4 business cards, excluding any graphics charges, on 12-14 pt. coated cover and produced internally is $89.73. If the same job is brokered it will sell for $78.95.