DON’T BE SHY – EVERY SIZE FIRM IS ELIGILE!
- “Heck, most of the firms that participate in these surveys are way bigger than my company and my prices won’t relate.”
- “Hey, most of the participants are little firms that don’t really know how to price their products.”
- “I sometimes doubt that companies that complete these surveys are really typical of the industry?”
If you’ve considered participating in an industry survey BUT found yourself expressing some of the same thoughts as noted above we ask you to reconsider. Our surveys truly represent a good cross-section of our industry. To prove our point we’ve listed below some basic early findings from some of our first survey participants. As a general rule, we tend to attract participants with annuals sales in the $400,000 range upwards to a few firms with sales in the $4-6 million.
The same is true for levels of productivity as measured by Sales Per Employee or SPE. Regardless of the survey, we tend to attract firms with very high levels of productivity as well as those at the opposite end of the spectrum.
PROFILE OF EARLY 2021 SIGN SURVEY PARTICIPANTS
• Average total 2020 sales…. $1,347,995
• Median total 2020 sales… $540,936
• Aver. # of Employees… 10.95
• Median # of Employees… 5.5
• Average SPE… $123,104
• Median SPE… $98,352
• Sign sales vs. total sales (Average)… 34%
• Sign sales vs. total sales (Median)… 20%
You must be logged in to post a comment.