Early, preliminary results from NPRC’s newest survey, Covid-19 “Take #2,” are in and the results are nothing short of shocking!
Although approximately 81% of printers who responded told us they are back to “close to normal” in terms of actually being open for business, the financial picture is far more grim.
Below are just a few of the stats we’ve been able to gather so far. Please note that the percentages displayed are tentative and subject to change in the next few days.
The Check is in the Mail & other Stats…
- According to survey respondents so far, approximately 29% of all employees in the printing industry are currently furloughed.
- April 2020 sales compared to April 2019 sales are down a whopping -54%!
- Second Qtr. 2020 sales compared to the same quarter in 2019 are down -44%.
- Six month 2020 sales compared to 2019 sales are projected down -33%.
- Digital color copy volume is reported to be down -48%.
- 60% of all respondents (Survey launched May 6 at approx. 9:30 a.m.) report they have not yet received their $1,200 stimulus check.
Click here to participate in our survey:
We encourage all readers of this post to take our Covid-19 Survey. The deadline for participating is May 12th. All participants will receive a special link that will allow them to download a complete report of our survey.